Postal Bag 1000, 97 Thomas Street East
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
- Exit #579 from the 401 and drive directly south into Napanee on old Hwy 41 (Center Street). Turn left on Thomas St. (no traffic light). Located in the old limestone jail on the courthouse campus, 97 Thomas Street East. Lots of signs.
- Monday - Saturday 10 am-4:30 pm Archive Hours: Tuesday- Friday 10am - noon 1:00am - 4:30 pm. Closed Statutory Holidays
- Begin your discovery of the history, beauty and romance of one of Ontario's oldest settled counties at the Lennox and Addington County Museum and Archives.
- The displays showcase over 200 years of local history, from our First Nations, through the arrival of the Loyalists, 19th century life and the 20th century.
- Genealogical and historical research is possible at the Museum. Archives Reading Room is open Tuesday-Friday, 10:00 - noon, 1:00 - 4:30. A large archival and rare book collection, professionally staffed. Not handicapped accessible (stairs).
- A small bookshop features history books and some genealogical books specific to our area. A pamphlet rack provides information for tourists.
- Ample parking most days. Open greenspace under old trees to stretch your legs, and a small but pretty courtyard garden welcomes you. Two blocks away is a stunning picnic spot by the Falls of the Napanee, at Springside Park.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/landamuseum