664 Highway 64
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
- Pop. 340. In Bigwood and Delamere Ts., Sudbury Dist., on Hwy 64, 4 km E of Hwy 69, 69 Ian SE of Sudbury.
- The first known settler was Edouard Daoust, who arrived in 1910.
- Alban was established as a farming community, but its proximity to Eighteen Mile Bay, part of the French R. system, has made it a popular fishing and tourist area whose summer population swells to over 3,000.
- A Roman Catholic parish was organized in the community in 1934 under Father Alban Filiatrault, after whom the village was named.
- A church, which replaced the first house of worship, was destroyed by ftre and with it were lost all records of the early residents. The post office was established in 1937.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/alban