3237 Nauvoo Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
- Pop. 1,020. In Brooke T., Lambton C., on the Sydenham R. and C. Rd. 76 & 79, 1.6 km. N of C. Rd. 80, and 60 km. SE of Sarnia. The place was settled in 1837 by Archibald Gardiner, who built a grist mill.
- It was first called Gardiner's Mill. In 1846, Gardiner and others became converted to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints.
- They abandoned their homes and businesses and joined the Mormons in Salt Lake City, Utah. The settlement got a new lease on life as Brennan's Mills when J. W. Brennan built a mill.
- Later, it was called Brooke's Mill. In 1854 the post office was named Alvinston after a village on England's Isle of Wight.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/alviston