14020 Old Scugog Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
- Pop. 195. In Scugog T., Durham Reg., just off Hwy 7 A, 10 km E of Port Perry.
- John and Thomas Tooley were the first settlers and for a time the place was called Tooley's Corners.
- Later it was called Williamsburg after another settler, William Hooey. In 1851 the post office opened as Cartwright, the name taken from the original township.
- In 1887 the name was changed to Blackstock for George Tate Blackstock, a Toronto lawyer who twice ran unsuccessfully in the federal riding of Durham West.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/blackstock