Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
- Pop. 30. In Biddulph T., Middlesex C., on Hwy 4 and C. Rd. 20, 30 km.NW of London.
- Patrick Flanagan arrived in 1844 and built a store and hotel. The place was frrst called Flanagan's Corners and by the 1880s was a booming place with four hotels and a number of businesses.
- For a time the place was known as Village of Ireland and when the post office opened in 1836 it was called McGillivray after a nearby township.
- The community's boom ended when the Grand Trunk Railroad bypassed it by a couple of miles and then there were several major fires.
- When the London, Huron and Bruce Railway built its line through the community in 1882 the name was changed to Clandeboye after the home in County Down, Ireland, of the Marquess of Dufferin and A va, governor general of Canada 1872-1878.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/clandeboye