1652 Little River Rd.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Muskoka, Parry Sound and Algonquin Park
- Pop. 100. In Parry Sound Dist., on Hwy 522, 43 kIn SW of Trout Creek which is 42 km S of North Bay.
- Huron County native Barnard Fagan named this place in 1878 when he called to friends from a hilltop that he was seeing the 'golden valley ablaze with the golden colours of autunm.'
- When the post office opened in 1888 the community was given the name Golden Valley. One of Ontario's largest herds of whitetail deer winters in the Loring- Restoule area near here.
- To combat the hazards of deep snow and aggressive predators, a partnership has been established between hunt clubs, tourist associations and the Ministry of Natural Resources to provide feed lots for the deer.
- An enclosed, unheated platform offers a vantage point from which to view the deer January through March.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/goldenvalley