200 Macdonald St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
- Pop. 578. Part of the Town ofCaledon, Reg. Mun. of Peel, on the Credit R. and C. Rd. 12, 1 km W ofHwy 10, 19 km NW of Brampton.
- The place was settled in the 1830s but wasn't named on any map until the Credit Valley Railway arrived in 1879.
- The community was first called Riverdale in 1860.by Margaret Graham whose father had built Riverdale Woollen Mills here.
- The mills burned twice before being replaced by a stone building in 1871.
- Sligo post office had opened nearby in 1853 and when it arrived in 1877, the Hamilton and NorthWestern Railway called its station Sligo to avoid confusion With Riversdale in Bruce C. but confusion with Bruce C. continued.
- The matter was fmally referred to Hon. Thomas White, MP for Cardwell in Sir John A. Macdonald's cabinet. He chose the name Inglewood after a village of the same name in England.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/inglewood