18 Upper St.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
- Pop. 201. In Billings T., Manitoulin Dist., on Manitoulin I. on Mudge Lake off North Ch. Of L. Huron and Hwy 540, 45 km. SW of Little Current.
- Kagawong, a First Nations Peoples name meaning 'where mists rise from the falling waters,' was the name given to the community when the post office opened in 1876.
- Before that, the place had been called Mudge Bay. A generating station near Bridal Veil Falls once provided hydro-electric power for all of Manitoulin I., but only the foundations of the plant remain.
- Tourists now visit Kagawong to enjoy the beauty of Bridal Veil Falls, which drop from Kagawong L. and flow through Falls Park.
- The park is at the entrance to the Village ofKagawong on Hwy 540. The pulpit in the local Anglican church is fashioned from the planks of a wrecked ship.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/kagawong