PO Box 10,
Ontario Tourism Region : Muskoka, Parry Sound and Algonquin Park
- Pop. 240. In McKellar T., Parry Sound Dist., on Hwy, 124, 20 km. NE of Parry Sound.
- The township was surveyed into farm lots in 1869 by I. W. Fitzgerald and the first settler was trapper Peter Leach who had arrived the previous year.
- Armstrong's Rapids, as it was first called, and later McKellar Village, was the second stop on the pioneer route from Parry Sound to the northern townships of the district.
- Early travellers and incoming settlers stayed at the McKellar House, run by William Thompson.
- The community took its name from the township which had been named after the Hon. Archibald McKellar (1816-1894), MPP for Bothwell from 1867-1875. He also served as commissioner of public works, provincial secretary and commissioner of agriculture.
Natural Resources Canada in the District of Parry Sound.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/mckellar