18 Queen St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
- Pop. 21. InTecumsethT.,SimcoeC.onC.Rd.27, 29 km. S of Barrie.
- In the 1820s the place was called Latimer's Corners after the innkeeper, and later Springfield.
- The present name derives from Newton, after one of the Newtowns in Ireland and Robinson for William Benjamin Robinson, the area's political representative from 1828 to 1858.
- Newton is the most common place name in Britain, from whence came so many Canadian place names. There are more than 30 Newtons in Britain, and with inclusion in a longer name, the total would be well over 100.
- It is interesting - and ironic -that of the three names of places in Ontario containing Newton, none has a British attribution.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/newtonrobinson