Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
- Pop. 756. In Sombra T., Lambton C., on the St. Clair Rand St. Clair Parkway and C. Rd. 1, 15 km. NW of Wallaceburg.
- Port Lambton was linked by ferry with Roberts Landing, MI until 1983 when the U.S. Government declined to continue providing immigration officers.
- The first settler in the area was Francis Baby from Detroit, who settled at Baby's Point, 1.5 km. S. Duncan McDonald from Ohio was the first settler on the site of the present community, arriving in 1820.
- The place was first known as Lambton Village, and was named Port Lambton when the post office opened in 1871.
- The community took its name from the county, which was named after John George Lambton, Earl of Durham and governor-in-chief of British North America and lord high commissioner in 1838.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/portlambton