4604 Ste Catherine
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Ottawa and Countryside
- Pop. 740. In South Plantagenet T., Prescott and Russell Cs., on the Scotch R. and C. Rds. 3 & 9, 65 km. E of Ottawa.
- Lumbermen cleared the site in 1824, floating their timber down the Scotch R. to the Nation R. and from there to the Ottawa R. French-Canadian settlers began moving into the area in the 1850s.
- The first settler was Peter McLaurin of Quebec, who built a house in 1845. Several years later his brother, Magloire, built the community's second house.
- The place was called Scotch River Mills, but the Scottish lumbermen had called it Kerry and when a post office opened in 1863 it was named Kerry.
- In 1883 the post office name was changed to St-Isidore-de-Prescott after the local church built in 1879. In 1990 that name was abbreviated to S10 Isidore to avoid confusion with Prescott.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/stisadore