1070 Innisfil Beach Rd.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
- Pop. 1,000. In Innisfil T., Simcoe C., on C. Rd. 4, 12 km SE of Barrie.
- The first home was built in 1840 by John Lawrence, and for a time the place was called Victoria, after the Queen of England.
- When a post office was to be established in 1873, it was found that a number of other communities also had the name Victoria.
- William C. Little, MP for South Simcoe, suggested the community be named Stroud after his hometown in Gloucestershire, England
- A wooden Meth-odist church was built in 1852 on Lawrence's farm, and a dozen years later the community built a brick church, using the original church as a Sunday school. In the winter of 1905, both buildings burned down.
Address of this page: http://www.stirling.ruralroutes.com/stroudontario